St. Petersburg General Hospital is proud to serve the Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning community. We believe that everyone should receive the same level of excellent care no matter what race, religion or sexual orientation. We continue to be HEI Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality since 2013. The Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) evaluates healthcare facilities’ policies and practices related to the equity and inclusion of their LGBTQ patients, visitors and employees. St. Petersburg General Hospital creates an inclusive environment that includes:
- Trained employees to treat LGBTQ patients
- HIV care and services are provided In our inpatient care setting.
- Articles on the website pertaining to LGBTQ health issues
- Brochures to help educate the community on LGBTQ issues
- Partnership with the American Heart Association
- Tampa Bay Heart Walk
- Partnership with the American Cancer Society
- Including the Making Strides against Breast Cancer Walk and the Relay for Life Walk
- Offer Community Education on LGBTQ Issues
- Sponsors for the Annual St. Pete Pride Parade and Street Festival
Get more information on the HEI leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.